Sunday 30 March 2008

Grandchildren

We have one Grandson who is two years old and a bundle of energy. We were lucky to spend time with him at Evette's wedding. The downside of our grandchild is; he lives in British Columbia and we live in Nipigon, Ontario, needless to say we don't see much of him and have to make do with phone calls, which, as you can guess is not very satisfactory.

Now both our girls are expecting, at about the same time August/September. We are really excited for them, but, once again the distance is going to be a problem because Lynda will still be living in British Columbia and Evette lives in England. Although Evette does plan to come out and visit once the baby arrives.

I want to do the Grandparent thing and that is buy stuff. I keep seeing cute clothes and toys and furniture but because of the cost of shipping items to the girls I have to restrain myself. I recently saw this wonderful bundle of clothes on Ebay for a little girl and fell in love with them but I also don't know whether they will have a boy or a girl so silly to bid on items for a girl if neither of them has a girl. So I have to restrain myself constantly.

I never imagined that I would live so far from my children and hence grandchildren. Seeing that Richard is a Pastor we never know where God is going to Call him next. We know that we will be moving from here, there is no doubt about that, but there is also the possibility of moving even further away from Lynda. Mind you if we move to a bigger centre there is the chance that she could move to be closer to us. Evette though will still live in England, but if we were closer to a major airport then the flights would be far more reasonable to encourage travel between us.

So much to think about when one is to be a Grandparent once again. I am excited though to again anticipate the arrival of these little ones of God's creation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.