Saturday 3 May 2008

TIREDNESS OR ALLERGIES

Time has flown by and nothing new has been posted here for over a month. Just lately I find myself arriving home from work and sitting in my favourite chair, which of course is in front of the TV. There I remain until I fall asleep and hubby says, "sweetheart go to bed your exhausted. The trouble is I go to bed, sleep until about 2 am and wake-up, and I mean really wake-up, with no desire to sleep. During these wakeful times I find myself doing Sudoku puzzles for about an hour, once I start to drift off to sleep it is time to settle down again. The problem with this routine, I have to be up at 6:00 am in order to get ready for work.

I do accounting work at a hospital and need to be alert to stay focused on all those numbers. It doesn't help that I am in the middle of Year End preparation. The Auditors will here in two weeks time and I have only just printed my first draft of statements. Now comes the tedious task of reviewing all the departments Operational Statements. Once that is done I have to balance all the Balance Sheet accounts. The last task is to prepare the Auditors binder and my Year End Binder. Next week I have to send a copy of the Trial Balance to our Finance Officer for her to review and send me a list of entries she feels are necessary to complete the year. With all this to do and I am so tired, constantly.

I could be tired because we had snow for so long, and once again last weekend we had more of the white stuff and now today, May 3rd, it is snowing. Due to all the snow the snow mold was very bad and my allergies are acting up. The talk at the hospital is the amount of patients who are coming in with severe allergy problems, so I'm not alone. So I decided to take meds for the allergys and just incase I have a cold I'm taking stuff for that too.

I can't wait for our holidays this year. Usually we head to Milwaukee and visit with Laura, Aaron and family, around the middle of June. This year we can't afford to go very far, plus our Congregation has a group coming to run a Vacation Bible School the last week of June, so we have postponed holidays until June 28th. It seems so far away right now, maybe once I've finished with the Year End and the Auditors have finished I shall take a few days off.

No comments: