Friday 27 March 2009

What a great day


All my cards and my flowers

Tuesday was my birthday and I had a wonderful day because my darling husband made it special. On Monday he handed me a lovely bouquet of flowers. I love flowers in the house even if I do have to keep them away from our cats. Lucky enough in this house I have a lovely mantel where the cats do not get.

My Birthday morning arrived I awoke to my first treat, a special cup of English toffee coffee nice and frothy and the first of many cards. Once up and about the treats and cards continued to come. I opened the cupboard where I keep my bullet cups for making my morning smoothie and there in the cup was a bag of maltesers, I love maltesers. There was another card on my chair. Richard went off to the church to work and I continued getting ready for the rest of my day.

Richard came home for lunch with the news that he would be staying home for the evening. Tuesday is his night for teaching confirmation class, the class was canceled for that evening, not because it was my birthday,one of the girls was not well. We decided that we would decide during the afternoon if we would go out for supper or stay home.

As I had plans to go out for the afternoon Richard went to the gym to work-out as usual. Jeanette from church picked me up at three and drove me over to Shananigans coffee house. Gerdie met us there and we had special coffee and a fruit cup dessert. Jeanette was disappointed that none of the other ladies from church were able to join us. It was a great afternoon out.

As I had already gone out during the afternoon I was quite happy to stay home for the evening. Before Richard prepared supper he handed me another birthday bag which had a bar of Walker's Traditional Slab Toffee inside. I have been craving this toffee for months and it is hard to find here in Canada. On Sunday we went into Winners, after lunch with Pat and Merv, where Richard saw the English import of my favourite toffee. Of course that wasn't the only item in the bag there was another card.

Supper was Richard's wonderful chili with chopped fresh tomatoes and grated cheese on top. It was so good. I always like something sweet after dinner and Richard out did himself. He had purchased a toffee cheese cake which he served with toffee crunch ice cream, fresh raspberries and blackberries, talk about decadent.

Another bag was handed to me with yet another toffee slab and card. Then came my main gift. I have a brand new Sony Vaio Laptop computer. Of course I am using this evening to type this blog. The first advantage of of having a laptop is that I can sit in front of the TV and type while watching my favourite shows and spending time with Richard.

What made the day so special were the phone messages that I received. Yes it meant I had missed all the calls from the children but each one had left a message for me. First one was Kegan wishing Nanny a Happy Birthday, it was so cute. Next was Ian with a happy birthday wish and a reminder of his phone number. The final message was from Evette with a promise that she would phone later, which she did later in the evening once Zachary was in bed.

I love having birthdays, I never worry and it does not bother me how old I get, I love the fuss that my darling husband makes of me. Many will think six birthday cards a bit overboard but I love cards and love the fact that he puts them where I will find them and be surprised. My last card was on my pillow when I turned in for the night.

Thank you Richard for making my day so special.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Awww....what a guy! Glad he made your day happy....along with the other folks, too.

Ronnie said...

It was really great Laura. With moving so recently it could have been a lonely time but Richard made sure it was wonderful.