Saturday 20 November 2010

It is Over

Finally I can put the stress behind me and get on with living.  Since May the stress has been awful.  Neither Richard or I have talked about the what if...

Even though I heard on Tuesday that I do not have cancer in my right arm it took me until yesterday (Friday) to take that deep breath and say it is over and life can continue as usual.  All the things I have stopped doing or put off can now be done or worked on.  Richard told me it was understandable that I did not jump up and down and celebrate as soon as I heard.  One reason was I had absolutely no faith in the surgeon who actually finally did the biopsy, and secondly because the stress had been there for so long my mind and body did not know how to shed it.

Wednesday I had the ultrasound done and I figured the technician had found something, obviously they are not allowed to say anything to the patient, so was a bit worried about that.  I saw my family Doctor yesterday and she explained first about the lumps that are called Hemangioma:

Hemangiomas usually are small, measuring only a quarter inch in diameter, but they can be several inches in diameter or even larger. The vast majority of hemangiomas of the liver never cause symptoms or health problems.


And like the above says are usually found in the liver, mine just happen to be in my right arm.  We also discussed the pain that I've been having lately in my right arm, which she feels could be related to the neck damage that I acquired back in 1989 from the two rear end car accidents I had within a week of each other.  This damage has caused a curvature of the upper spine and could now be pinching nerves.  She sent me for C-spine Xrays and will refer me for nerve conduction tests.  None of this is as stressful as thinking I once again had the rare cancer back of spindle cell sarcoma.


My plans now are to get our house appraised.  I love this house it is quaint with lots of original features from the 1912's.  Is far too small for Richard and I to do any entertaining.  We can have one couple here but two means the dinning room chairs have to be moved into the living room and they are not comfortable for several hours of visiting.  Then I need to consult with a mortgage broker and see how much we can qualify and afford in regard to a mortgage.  We have seen a house, the same era as our present one, that is a lot bigger but will mean not only can we entertain more than one couple at a time but also have friends and the motor homes visit and park in the massive back yard.  Right now I think the house is over priced but I don't believe it will stay on the market for very long so I have to get acting on my latest projects so we at least can maybe have a chance of moving to a house we love as much as this one.

Life is good and can now be lived.  I thank everyone who has kept Richard and I in your prayers over the last seven months.

No comments: