Sunday 6 April 2014

Ceiling is Down!

Looking towards the east

Southeast corner

West side

Today Richard took down the last pieces of framing for the dropped ceiling in the bathroom.  We originally were only going to work on one room at a time until we discovered that our home still has live knob and tube wiring which means we have to rewire the house.

I posted pictures of where we were with the kitchen so these are pictures of the bathroom.
 
Pipes from upstairs bathroom

As you can see the original ceiling is a mess.  I want to save the moldings around the ceiling edge and strip the paint from them so they match the hallway and the living room moldings.

A lot of work to be done, we need to have access to the wiring to remove and replace t all.  I'm thinking while we have the ceiling open then why not have our plumber replumb the pipes up into the ceiling cavity. Not sure it can be done, but maybe they can be placed higher up and then boxed into faux beams.

This tub has to go


I am going to advertise this jet tub on Kijiji for sale cheap if they remove it.  I can't use it and we want to put a shower in here that will be easier for my use.

Need more doors like this
Remodeling a 100 year old house I want to retain its original character.  So I'm looking for doors like this for other parts of the house.


Finding hardware like this is also hard.  We need to clean paint of most of ours.

So there we are, our renovation adventure continues.

No comments: