Monday 3 August 2009

GOLDEN WEB


One of the items that Richard brought home was this picture: Golden Web by Alison Kobylnyk of Victoria, BC. This is art made with materials. I've taken this on an angle so you can see the wonderful spider web detailing. As soon as I saw this picture I knew where it would hang.

Here it is hanging above my bed in the blue room. The colours in the picture just make the room pop. It is as if this picture was made for this room.



This is a gift from Aunt Moneca and I love it, one would almost think she had seen this room and knew exactly what it needed to finish the rooms decor.

The other gift that I am thrilled with are the windchimes from Mom. If you go to this website:
http://seagifts.com/chimofwesbyw.html
you will see what they are like. I've wanted a set of "Westminster" windchimes since Mom received hers on retiring from work it was at that moment I knew which chimes I wanted to have hanging in our yard. Richard is going to hang them high on our home because things are not that safe left out in your yards. But I will still hear them and enjoy them for years to come.

Once the chimes are hung I will post a picture here.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I just bought a smaller version of those chimes on vacation near Pigeon Forge, TN. I have them right outside the kitchen window and I heard them today for the first time. I love chimes!

Fairly Bad Mother said...

Hi Ronnie, found you at last, Id forgotten I had this blog as Ive been intermitantly using Vox

Ronnie said...

Hi Kerry;
Glad to see you've found me... I'm not very good at adding entries but please do visit so you can keep up with our news.