Thursday 31 July 2008

Black Fly Bite Aftermath



Two days ago I was bitten just above the forehead by a black fly. As I mentioned in my last blog I really suffer once I've been bitten. I thought you would like to see what I looked like today. Gravity has taken hold of the swelling in my forehead and pulled it down to my eyes and nose; it continues to move down my face hopefully dissipating as gravity pulls it south.

When I woke up this morning my right eye was completely swollen shut; by the time I got to work I had managed to force it open enough in order to work. The first picture was taken once I arrived home at 4:30 this afternoon and the swelling has gone down quite a bit on my eyelids. My nose is still quite swollen which made wearing glasses today very uncomfortable. For comparison sake I've attached a picture of my face as it is normally. This morning I applied my makeup as usual hoping it would lessen the effect; but looking at this picture I do believe it made things worse.

So now you can see why I need to move from black fly country (Northern Ontario). I thought my face was bad four years ago after three bites this is infinitely worse and after only one bite.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yikes! That is some reaction! Have you tried Benedryl (sp?) in liquid form? I had a bad allergic reaction, once, and it took it all away. (It is an antihistamine.)

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Laura