Sunday 27 July 2008

TAGGED!

It is now time for me to respond to Laura's Tag. The idea is I answer seven questions that were put to me and tag those I would like to know more about. I have very few friends that have their own blog, so forgive me that I do not tag anyone other than my daughter and so draw a halt here to this particular tag.
  1. What was I doing 10 years ago? That would be Richard's summer of Vicarage. We were in Bruce, Alberta. Bruce is a small hamlet east of Edmonton. The biggest event of the year is the Bruce Stampede; a one day professional rodeo circuit event. It actually lasts for two days but only one is for the professional rodeo the other day is for the local area people to show what they can do with pigs, horses, etc.
  2. What are five things on my to do list for today (in no particular order)? I don't actually have a to do list, but if I did it would have included: attend Bible study and morning service; phone my Mum in England and maybe my sister, also in England; wish my husband a good week and safe trip as he heads to the local Lutheran Camp as the Pastor of the week; work on my genealogy files for my BOXALL One Name Study; remember to eat (Richard usually does all the cooking so I will be fending for myself this week); fold the laundry that Richard washed yesterday (yep he also does most of the laundry).
  3. What snacks do I enjoy? Ice Cream has to be at the top of the list; I love Pearson's Salted Nut Roll, which we can only by when we head south to the USA; Gourmet Jelly Beans; Malteezers.
  4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire. First of I would give a large portion to Confessional Lutheran Programs; then I would purchase a almost top of the line Class A Motor Home and a new car that could be towed; I would give to my children and invest for my grandchildren; I would buy an aquatic leg so I could go swimming, and a leg so I could wear regular ladies shoes instead of trainers all the time.
  5. Places I have lived. As a child: born in Southbourne; toddler in Nutbourne; teen in Westbourne, all of which are in West Sussex, England. elementary years in Alverstoke, Hampshire; late teens in Denmark Hill, London; Middleton, Lancashire; twenties in Oldham, Lancashire. Then I emigrated to Canada: Edmonton, Gibbons, both of which are in Alberta; MacNutt, Saskatchewan; Nipigon, Ontario.
  6. Jobs I have had. Junior in the accounting office of a hardware and lumber merchants; Cadet in the Salvation Army; accounting machine operator in another hardware and lumber merchants; stay at home mother; assistant to an accountant; part-time & full-time Administrative Assistant; book-keeper/accountant; Pastor's wife; A/P & G/L Accountant.
  7. People I would like to know more about (in no particular order). To be honest I have no idea who I would put here; those who have died would be my Great-grandparents James and Caroline BOXALL.

So there you are Laura. A little more about who I am and where I've come from. Maybe one day I will write my story especially for my children, because now I am older I realise that I really would like to know about my mother's life growing up. Not that she has died; she is very much alive but will not talk about the part of her life that I was not around for.

Evette if you read this consider yourself TAGGED!

No comments: