Thursday 3 July 2008

THE GONDOLA LIFT

Lutsen Mountain Area
Lots of firsts for me yesterday. I actually went up the mountain in a gondola. For those who don't know, I am scared of heights, so for me this ride was amazing.

This first picture is taken inside the gondola as we were ascending. The view was spectacular and I am so glad I plucked up the courage to say lets go.


This was our destination where there is a cafe and balconies all the way around the chalet. The balconies surface was open metal griding and I had to hold onto Richard in order to walk to a chair to sit down, but I did walk on that surface. I stood up and took the next picture.

This was taken on our way down, as you can see we were quite high.

Poplar River seen "from the air."


This was absolutely wonderful. I can't believe that my fears have dictated to me for all these years. What other wonderful sights have I missed?



The parking lot view.

What new and exciting things will there be for me tomorrow(today)?

Keep watching because you never know what I will find for tomorrow is a brand new day.

1 comment:

Sketti said...

Oh Yay! I'm so proud of you! I know you hate heights but it's amazing what you can see from up high! Well done! I hope you're having a lovely vacation! x